Building Number Sense by Subitizing is a great way to practice mental math skills with your preschooler, kindergartener, or early education student. By showing students different representations of numbers, they can learn how to easily spot each number quicker and easier.
Subitizing is a powerful mathematical concept for young learners that helps students increase their counting on, composing, and decomposing skills as well as place value and basic arithmetic. Subitizing is the capacity to immediately recognize how many objects are there. Students who understand and obtain this ability are able to look at a group of numbers and recognize the pattern, so they can easily define how many objects are in a group.
I love how easy these are. Print them off and use them. Then you’re ready to give them to your little learners and let them subitize!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 15 page PDF
- one page to add in all of your answers, and then several pages to cut out including ten frames, numbers, fingers, number words, a group of objects and then tally marks.
- Directions about using these and ways to differentiate.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Great for homeschoolers looking to increase their learning sense
- Perfect for preschool teachers
- Use these in centers or morning work
- Great for putting in task boxes
- Your little learner will get to practice their subitizing
- Each number is represented in six different ways, so there are lots of opportunities to learn about each number
Add pieces into a sensory bin such as uncooked beans or rice, and have your student find a certain number, or match all six of the same numbers together.
Work together to find all the fours as a class.
Each page is 8.5″ x 11″, but you can adjust this in your printer settings.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. All you need to do is click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d love this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite printables board on Pinterest. Thank you!