Cinco de Mayo is coming, and it’s the perfect time to grab this sombrero template to use as a coloring page, bulletin board decor, and more! This can be used for Cinco de Mayo or learning about Mexico, or any fiesta your class is having.
This printable sombrero template is perfect for teachers who want a versatile Cinco de Mayo craft that can be used for a variety of ages and skill levels. Whether you’re looking for a quick activity or a more involved project, this sombrero craft is sure to delight your students and foster their creativity.
What do you get?
- PDF with four different sombreros in two different sizes, so you can pick what works for your classroom and skill levels.
Your students will have a blast creating this Cinco de Mayo craft, and there are several ways to use it. Here are a few ideas:
Color it! It seems obvious but you can use these as coloring page.
Instead of coloring, kids can use ripped up paper, tissue paper, pompoms, or even flowers to fill in the space for these sombreros. This is a great way to practice fine motor skills.
Use another paper to create a crown, so kids can actually wear these sombreros.
Add some lined paper to the bottom, and have students create an acrostic poem for the word sombrero.
Plus, this craft requires minimal prep work and can be completed in just one class period, making it a perfect addition to any Cinco De Mayo-themed curriculum.
Who is this for?
- Preschool teachers looking for a fun craft activity that focuses on fine motor skills, creativity, and the fun of fiestas.
- Homeschooling parents who want to have a fun craft this May.
- Art teachers who want to incorporate a unique and creative project into their May curriculum will find this craft irresistible.
You may also like…
Click here to follow me and be notified as each new set comes out!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. All you need to do is click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for this product.
Copyright © Beth Ann Averill.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.